What I could have
What I would have
I lost them, didn’t I?
I lost myself. Who is
this person
Anyway
I don’t exist I’m just an idea
A drawing on the side of my biology notes
I thought I could keep it separate
If I stayed separate from me
Then perhaps I would get better
I did think
Truly
That I would get better
You have to believe me
Although who can believe the words a shadow speaks
I have been rubbed on the cold rugged peaks of the world
And now I am dull
Facets dim - cloudy
I realize that the hand that
Held my life string and nibbled
Like some feral rat upon me
Not the me you know
But the pain and fire and oh
Oh.
That hand is made of cells
With my DNA.
So no, to answer your question
Better is not a word I would use
Not yet.
No comments:
Post a Comment