Monday, September 9, 2013

Teach Me to See Again


Fascinating how it is easier for me to tell you about
The clouds that explode silently outward, pushing their frozen whiteness into the expanse of light blue tinged by the dying sun
Than it is for me to see
The plum red haze creeping as one large mass towards
The zenith.
Goggles I wear filter words into my mouth
But my eyes
Hazy with a fountain of youth
Hot nights bare toes alone on this wooden porch clenched
Shots of soda and vodka red hair wet dirt
Mud. There I go again –
My hair drips pearls into my crotch and
I know you can teach me to see
Again, cant you?
I would wipe off this film with a semi-automatic and handcuffs
Or
You could teach me to see around it
A while ago you showed me how to look at you
Without words (pale skin sharp bones soft soft soft)
Now I feel you
Here- and there – smoky.
Show me again.

No comments:

Post a Comment